This training will provide a basic review of concepts presented in the foundational trauma and addiction course including review of active ingredients for healing trauma, exploring how trauma is created and stored in the brain and body and nervous system and Salutogenic approach to healing. Training includes exploration of motivation and meaning behind behaviors related to addiction and recovery from addiction. Training will expand on advanced topics including use of evidenced based modalities to treat substance use disorders including but not limited to: Trauma Informed Yoga, EMDR, Harms Reduction and Parts Work. Training will explore active ingredients for healing trauma and provide practical tools to implement and utilize the four active ingredients. Training will explore working with families of addicted loved ones, discuss the neuroscience of addiction and medicated assisted treatment. In addition, this training will explore treatment planning for substance use disorders, new technologies emerging in the field, compassion fatigue resilience and racialized trauma in the context of addiction.
- Participants will be able to understand and identify research examining the use of new and emerging technologies in treatment interventions specific to trauma and substance abuse..
- Participants will have a deeper understanding of racialized trauma in the context of addiction. Participants will explore strategies to pursue social justice and expand awareness of culturally competency.
- Participants will have a better understanding of trauma informed 12 steps and feel more confident in introducing step work into treatment settings.
- Participants will be able to identify specific treatment modalities that are effective in working with substance use and locate research that supports such modalities.
- Participants will demonstrate increased understanding of how to use the Active Ingredient Approach to treat trauma and addiction by identifying the 4 stages and method of application via case examples.
- Participants will demonstrate understanding of relevant treatment planning for trauma and addiction clients as well as the ability to provide trauma informed care in delivery of assessments.
- Participants will be able to identify strategies and interventions that are appropriate for use with culturally diverse populations.
- Participants will be able to explain how to support resiliency and competency in recovery from trauma and addiction, and how to support resiliency and competency via treatment delivery.
- Participants will strengthen self-care practices through use of experiential self-regulation tools and decrease chance of experiencing compassion fatigue or burnout.
- Participants will learn relevant trauma informed yoga tools to implement while working with those in the addiction treatment setting.
- Participants will develop and deeper capacity for working with families of addicted loved ones.