6-Hour Refresher Course for Clinical Supervisors
Friday, Sep 13, 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
Arizona Trauma Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6677. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Arizona Trauma Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
CE Hours Awarded: 6
Registration button is located at the bottom of the page.
Explore and develop enhanced general and clinical supervision skills for those independently licensed professionals that currently provide clinical supervision or intend to deliver clinical supervision in compliance with the Arizona Revised Statutes and ADHS requirements. This training utilizes case studies and a collaborative participant discussion format to assure that all points are covered and adequately understood.
Who should attend? Those supervising associate level mental health professionals on their journey to independent licensure.
Rules regarding supervision.
- A licensee who maintains more than one license may apply the same continuing education hours for renewal of each license if the content of the continuing education relates to the scope of practice of each license.
- For each license period, a licensee may report a maximum of:
- Ten clock hours of continuing education for first-time presentations by the licensee that deal with current developments, skills, procedures, or treatments related to the practice of behavioral health. The licensee may claim one clock hour for each hour spent preparing, writing, and presenting information;
- Six clock hours of continuing education for attendance at a Board meeting where the licensee is not:
- A member of the Board,
- The subject of any matter on the agenda, or
- The complainant in any matter that is on the agenda; and
- Ten clock hours of continuing education for service as a Board or ARC member.
- For each license period, a licensee shall report:
- A minimum of three clock hours of continuing education sponsored, approved, or offered by an entity listed in subsection (D) in:
- Behavioral health ethics or mental health law, and
- Cultural competency and diversity; and
- Beginning January 1, 2018, complete a Board-approved tutorial on Board statutes and rules.
- A licensee shall participate in continuing education th.at relates to the scope of practice of the license held and to maintaining or improving the skill and competency of the licensee. Toe Board has determined that in addition to the continuing education listed in subsections (B) and (C), the following continuing education meets this standard:
- The Board has determined that a substance abuse technician, associate substance abuse counselor, or an independent substance abuse counselor shall ensure that at least 20 of the 30 clock hours of continuing education required under R4-6-80l(B) are in the following categories:
- Pharmacology and psychopharmacology,
- Addiction processes,
- Models of substance use disorder and addiction treatment,
- Relapse prevention,
- Interdisciplinary approaches and teams in substance use disorder and addiction treatment,
- Substance use disorder and addiction assessment and diagnostic criteria,
- Appropriate use of substance use disorder and addiction treatment modalities,
- Substance use disorder and addiction as it related to diverse populations,
- Substance use disorder and addiction treatment and prevention,
- Clinical application of current substance use disorder and addiction research, or
- Co-occurring disorders.
Credits listed below are for full attendance of the live training. Attendees will sign in upon arrival and after lunch. At the end of the training, attendees will be given an evaluation to complete. After completing the evaluation attendees will receive a certificate of completion for the training.
Arizona Trauma Institute does not issue partial certificates of completion.
NOTE: Credits do not include time for breaks or lunch.
CE Hours Awarded: 6
Training Presenter: Daniel J. Bernhardt, MS, LPC
Daniel leads a team of licensed clinicians, along with other administrative staff, in the efforts of providing excellent intensive outpatient services at two different levels of care at Aurora Behavioral Health Systems in Glendale, AZ. Daniel is also part of a group counseling practice, Thrive Therapy, located throughout the greater Phoenix area, in which he sees clients privately, while working also to supervise those clinicians working toward independent licensure status.
Daniel earned both his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology and his Master’s Degree in Counseling from the University of Wisconsin at Whitewater. Daniel is a Licensed Professional Counselor and an approved Clinical Supervisor with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners. Daniel is currently a PhD student at North Central University, studying Psychology with an emphasis on Trauma and Disaster Relief. Daniel has over seventeen years of experience in the mental and behavioral health fields, working in a variety of treatment settings. Daniel has worked in direct patient care as well as administration. Daniel has experience treating individuals, couples, families and groups. Daniel specializes in the treatment of anxiety and depression with an emphasis on trauma informed care.
As a licensed professional counselor, Daniel’s goal is to help clients uncover their true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. While difficult situations of the past can’t be changed, a patient and therapist can work together to better understand and resolve life challenges. By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, long-standing behavior patterns or negative perceptions can be revealed which are often holding patients back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life. As a bio-psycho-social-spiritual counselor, Daniel believes in treating the whole person.
Daniel’s therapeutic approach to counseling includes: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Family Systems Therapy. Daniel will also individualize his approach to meet your own specific and unique needs.
Event LocationArizona Trauma Institute , 49 S. Sycamore St. #2
Mesa, AZ, 85202