12 Hour Clinical Supervisor Training (Initial Training)-IN PERSON
Thursday, Sep 17, 2020 – Friday, Sep 18, 2020
8:30am – 4:30pm
Arizona Trauma Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6677. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Arizona Trauma Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
CE Hours Awarded: 12
Registration button is located at the bottom of the page.
This training will provide the participant with 12 hours of education in supervision methods, models and techniques, roles and responsibilities of a clinical supervisor, techniques specific to supervising counselors in the tasks of diagnosis, treatment planning and providing treatment and evaluation of supervisees in their work of assessment, treatment planning and providing treatment. This training will also cover the ethical guidelines and legal requirements for supervisors, using the 2014 Code of Ethics from the American Counseling Association and the most recent Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners statutes and rules.
Who should attend? Those supervising associate level mental health professionals on their journey to independent licensure.
- Participants will be able to identify the basic tenants of three clinical supervision models.
- Participants will be able to identify key roles and responsibilities of clinical supervisors.
- Participants will be able to identify specific skills needed to oversee and evaluate supervisees.
- Participants will be able to identify ethical guidelines and legal requirements for supervisors.
- Participants will be able to identify signs of burnout and techniques for self-care for supervisees.
- Participants will be able to practice skills in providing feedback to supervisees.
Credits listed below are for full attendance of the live training. Attendees will sign in upon arrival and after lunch. At the end of the training, attendees will be given an evaluation to complete. After completing the evaluation attendees will receive a certificate of completion for the training.
Arizona Trauma Institute does not issue partial certificates of completion.
NOTE: Credits do not include time for breaks or lunch.
CE Hours Awarded: 12
Training Presenter: Steven Farmer, Ph.D.
Dr. Farmer is the Program Coordinator of the MA Counseling program at Northern Arizona University – North Valley Campus in Phoenix. He completed his Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy at St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, TX. He is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Texas and Arizona. Dr. Farmer has been active in the Arizona Counselors’ Association and the Arizona Association of Counselor Education and Supervision. Dr. Farmer has been a Counselor Educator for 8 years, teaching for five years at the University of North Texas in Denton, TX. He has presented at professional conferences for more than 10 years at the international, national, regional, state and local levels. Dr. Farmer volunteers as a counselor in the Counseling Ministry at The Franciscan Renewal Center in Paradise Valley. He also provides clinical supervision training to meet the AZBBHE educational requirements for LPC’s and other professionals.
- Arizona Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
Event LocationArizona Trauma Institute
49 S. Sycamore St. Suite 2
Mesa, AZ, 85202