12 Hour Clinical Supervisor Training (Initial Training)
Wednesday, Aug 29, 2018
– Thursday, Aug 30, 2018
8:30am – 4:30pm
This event has reached registration capacity.
Join Robert Rhoton Psy D., LPC, D.A.A.E.T.S. in exploring and developing enhanced general and clinical supervision skills for those independently licensed professionals that currently provide clinical supervision or intend to deliver clinical supervision in compliance with the Arizona Revised Statutes and ADHS requirements. This training utilizes case studies and a collaborative participant discussion format to assure that all points are covered and adequately understood.
Arizona Trauma Institute is approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to grant Continuing education credit for live workshops. ACEP number is 6677. 12 CE Hours are awarded for this training.
Who should attend? Those supervising associate level mental health professionals on their journey to independent licensure.
Rules regarding the need for this 12 hour supervision.
- A licensee who maintains more than one license may apply the same continuing education hours for renewal of each license if the content of the continuing education relates to the scope of practice of each license.
- For each license period, a licensee may report a maximum of:
- Ten clock hours of continuing education for first-time presentations by the licensee that deal with current developments, skills, procedures, or treatments related to the practice of behavioral health. The licensee may claim one clock hour for each hour spent preparing, writing, and presenting information;
- Six clock hours of continuing education for attendance at a Board meeting where the licensee is not:
- A member of the Board,
- The subject of any matter on the agenda, or
- The complainant in any matter that is on the agenda; and
- Ten clock hours of continuing education for service as a Board or ARC member.
- For each license period, a licensee shall report:
- A minimum of three clock hours of continuing education sponsored, approved, or offered by an entity listed in subsection (D) in:
- Behavioral health ethics or mental health law, and
- Cultural competency and diversity; and
- Beginning January 1, 2018, complete a Board-approved tutorial on Board statutes and rules.
- A licensee shall participate in continuing education that relates to the scope of practice of the license held and to maintaining or improving the skill and competency of the licensee. Toe Board has determined that in addition to the continuing education listed in subsections (B) and (C), the following continuing education meets this standard:
The Board has determined that a substance abuse technician, associate substance abuse counselor, or an independent substance abuse counselor shall ensure that at least 20 of the 30 clock hours of continuing education required under R4-6-80l(B) are in the following categories:
- Pharmacology and psychopharmacology,
- Addiction processes,
- Models of substance use disorder and addiction treatment,
- Relapse prevention,
- Interdisciplinary approaches and teams in substance use disorder and addiction treatment,
- Substance use disorder and addiction assessment and diagnostic criteria,
- Appropriate use of substance use disorder and addiction treatment modalities,
- Substance use disorder and addiction as it related to diverse populations,
- Substance use disorder and addiction treatment and prevention,
- Clinical application of current substance use disorder and addiction research, or
- Co-occurring disorders.
Arizona Trauma Institute , 49 S. Sycamore St. Suite 2
Mesa, AZ, 85202