DBT for Trauma Treatment Live Webinar
Thursday, Jul 12, 2018 – Friday, Jul 13, 2018
8:30am – 4:30pm
Join Steve Bolte in a discussion of DBT Principles and Strategies. The presentation will explore validation and change strategies for working with clients who have experienced trauma. Through lecture, practice exercises, video demonstration and Q & A on teaching coping skills participants will learn a model for organizing client formulation and skills to teach clients to increase therapy outcomes (including skills for clients with cognitive challenges).
- To provide specific skills and tools that therapists can use immediately.
- To provide experiential training to enhance understanding and learning.
- To provide a model and process to clarify the purpose of maladaptive behavior
- To demonstrate the value of balancing acceptance with change
- To enhance understanding of the overlap between trauma and borderline pd
- Therapists will be able to more clearly identify the purpose of clients’ behaviors.
- Therapists will leave with specific tools and processes to balance acceptance with helping clients to change.
- Therapists will have a usable theory to organize their treatment of trauma victims.
- Therapists will leave with contact information for support from colleagues.
- Therapists will leave with increased knowledge about ways to encourage clients to continue working on change without giving up.
Arizona Trauma Institute is approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to grant Continuing education credit for live workshops. ACEP number is 6677. CE Hours Awarded: 12