Introduction to Somatic techniques in Therapy
Wednesday, Mar 20, 2019
– Thursday, Mar 21, 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
This training will provide an introduction to the theory behind use of the body in therapeutic practice. Camea Peca PHD (C) will introduce poly-vagal theory, and the principals of sensorimotor psychotherapy and somatic therapy. Relational neurobiology and concepts from attachment theory will also be integrated into the presentation. The impact of trauma on the body will be explored throughout the presentation. Camea Peca PHD (C) will provide multi-sensory body-based experiential activities for professionals to use for themselves and also to introduce with their clients.
- Participants will understand the impact of trauma on the body.
- Participants will understand the theory behind common body-based therapies.
- Participants the role of the therapist in body-based healing and the role of the relationship.
- Participants will learn exercises to use for themselves using the body.
- Participants will lean body-based exercises to use with their clients.
Arizona Trauma Institute is approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to grant Continuing education credit for live workshops. ACEP number is 6677. CE Hours Awarded: 12
Arizona Trauma Institute , 49 South Sycamore Street, Suite 2
Mesa, AZ, 85202