Cancelled FAMILY SYSTEMS TRAUMA (FST) Advanced Training
Wednesday, Apr 4, 2018
– Thursday, Apr 5, 2018
8:30am – 4:30pm
Until now, step-by-step techniques to treat the entire traumatized family have been limited. Based on the new book “Treating the Traumatized Child: A Step-by-Step Family Systems Approach”, Dr. Scott Sells will teach 21 Core Techniques within the FST | Family Systems Trauma Model with detailed handouts and video case examples that attendees can use the next day at work. These 21 Core Techniques include:
- How to use motivational phone call scripts to quickly engage resistant parent
- A menu of trauma playbooks to give you and your family direction to quickly unstick your chronically stuck cases
- The hidden causes of trauma called “undercurrents”
- The use of the stress chart technique to quickly diagnosis and assess the couple, child, and family.
- Clear decision trees: Stabilization vs. Active trauma treatment-Which comes first?
- Video case examples: Family systems trauma treatment with impoverished families
- Strategic role plays and video examples from real cases to master the timing and application of the family system trauma techniques.
- The use of feedback loops to show how it’s a family problem, not just fix the child
- Pre-session handouts to prepare for your next session
- How to handle the most common ethical and legal challenges with treating children and families together in family trauma treatment through actual case examples
- Safety planning and self-regulation tools
- Relapse prevention through red flag checklists
Imagine being able to leave this FST equipped with the essential tools to more effectively treat not just the traumatized child, but their entire family and community. The clear step-by-step techniques in this workshop along with common ethical dilemmas are designed to accomplish these goals as well as help you address your trauma cases that are stuck or seem impossible to treat.
Arizona Trauma Institute is approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to grant Continuing education credit for live workshops. ACEP number is 6677. CE Hours Awarded: 12
Arizona Trauma Institute, 49 S. Sycamore #2
Mesa, AZ, 85202