This training is designed to help anyone that is working with a traumatized individual be more effective in creating change and transformation in the life of the mental health and human service client, student, or coworker. This course looks at the neurobiological impacts of trauma on motivation of individuals and how to approach motivating the traumatized individual to create change and sustained transformation.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Participants will be able to identify primary causes of low levels of motivation.
- Participants will be able to see motivational issues through the lens of trauma.
- Participants will be conversant with why emotionally centered approaches are less effective in motivating trauma clients.
- Participants will understand the factors of cognitive-behavioral therapy that are problematic in the Traumatized.
- Participants will understand how to maximize common interventions.
- Participants will learn strategies to build more effective motivational interventions.