- This event has passed.
Driving Out Stress: Overcoming Compassion Fatigue With Professional Resiliency
November 10 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm MST$10.00 – $90.00
Join Dr. Roderick Logan in an intensive one-day experiential training for organizational leaders and employees to reduce stress and compassion fatigue in the workplace. This course serves to counter the impact stress and body arousal has on workplace communications and relationships. This training is also intended to improve current compassion fatigue symptoms that participants may be experiencing. The day includes didactic information, experiential processing, and transformative techniques that assists leaders and employees in resolving symptoms of compassion fatigue while, at once, developing resiliency skills and practices that prevent compassion fatigue symptoms in the future.
- Participants will be able to examine the impact of stress and body arousal on one’s ability to effectively communicate and maintain meaningful relationships; personally, and professionally;
- Participants will be able to understand the Spiral of Mistrust learning how it is acquired, transmitted in the workplace, and its tendencies when left unresolved;
- Participants will be able to uncover the prevailing preconceived Notions on the parts of management and employees, and how they are undermining organizational values and the ability to fulfill the mission;
- Participants will be able to identify what is lost when stress and compassion fatigue are not addressed; and,
- Participants will be able to begin implementing the initiatives that serve to reduce stress and compassion fatigue in the workplace.
This training is not eligible for NBCC credits. Registration button is at the bottom of the page.
Presenter: Roderick Logan, DPTh, CCTS, CFTP, FFTT
Dr. Roderick Logan is a Senior Faculty member at the Arizona Trauma Institute and Trauma Institute International. For more than 35 years, Dr. Logan has worked with individuals from diversified backgrounds, cultures, and social circumstances, and his life-long mission has been to guide those injured and traumatized to reclaim their life’s purpose and meaning. Dr. Logan holds a Master’s in Biblical Counseling and a Doctorate in Practical Theology. His trauma certifications include a Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist, Certified Family Trauma Professional, and Certified Facilitator in Forward-Facing Trauma Therapy. Additionally, Dr. Logan is an Ordained Minister.
His experiences include working with and advocating for children, young people, parents, educators, professional and non-professional caregivers; from juveniles in lockup at California’s Youth Authority in the early 1980’s to more recently his work with the Arizona Department of Child Safety, the Arizona Department of Corrections, and multiple community service organizations serving at-risk populations. Dr. Logan’s prolific platform integrated with his scholastic achievements uniquely qualifies him as an authority on trauma-informed care; principles for resiliency building; and, pathways for navigating the optimum life.
HOW TO ATTEND
Arizona Trauma Institute
49 South Sycamore Street, Suite 2
Mesa, Arizona 85202
Please note that you must participate in the Live Webinar on a computer or laptop, NOT a phone. The system keeps track of each person attending the Live Webinar and how long they attended. Your attendance cannot be tracked on a phone, so it will appear that you did not attend, thus, you would not be eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion. In addition, you must attend for the duration of the Live Webinar to receive your Certificate of Completion.
By signing up for this course, you are opting in to receive our newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
CCPA and GDPR Disclaimer: all personal information is considered private and confidential and Arizona Trauma Institute never provides the information to a third party or uses the information for anything other than its intended purposes for training registration.