Trauma and Addiction
October 5 @ 8:30 am - October 6 @ 4:00 pm MST$20.00 – $150.00
Arizona Trauma Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6677. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Arizona Trauma Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
CE Hours Awarded: 12 Platinum & Gold Options only
Registration button is located at the bottom of the page.
This training will provide a basic review of trauma, exploring how trauma is created and stored in the brain, body and nervous system. Fundamental information provided regarding how substances and their long- and short-term effects help people deal with trauma symptoms in the form of mitigating and adapting behaviors. Training includes exploration of motivation and meaning behind behaviors related to addiction and recovery from addiction. Attendees will also receive thorough overview of various types of compulsions and addictions as well as biology and predisposition to addiction. Training will provide explanation of the culture of addiction and treatment, a focus on moving from a pathogenic approach of treating addiction to a salutogenic approach. Finally, the discussion will look at current assessment tools and treatment processes for addiction offering insight and direction on how to enhance trauma informed delivery.
- Participants will demonstrate an enhanced focus on self-regulation and engage in practice of self-regulation tools to be utilized for nervous system regulation.
- Participants will demonstrate understanding of medicated assisted treatment, peer support and recovery support groups and be able to discuss how these treatments and tools impact addiction.
- Participants will discuss how trauma is reflective of changes in the brain, nervous system and body and explore how the threat response system changes the chemistry of the body thus impacting thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Participants will explore Adverse Childhood Experiences data and understand impact of ACEs on health outcomes and adaptive/mitigating behaviors through creation of procedural memory.
- Participants will be able to explain how to support resiliency and competency in recovery from trauma and addiction, and how to support resiliency and competency via treatment delivery and assessment.
- Participants will identify evidence-based treatment interventions for substance use disorders/addiction and co-occurring disorders and explore use of active ingredients approach for trauma healing.
- Participants will understand cultural humility and cultural competency with expanded ability to offer services to diverse and minority populations through trauma informed and inclusive treatment approaches.
- Participants will differentiate between Salutogenic and Pathogenic approaches to treatment and utilize case studies to gain a better understanding of positive treatment outcomes using Salutogenic model.
Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized scope of expertise or license of professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your profession’s standards.
Additionally, many of the topics being taught would require supervision and/or mentorship is not included in this course.
Credits listed below are for full attendance of the live training. Attendees will sign in upon arrival and after lunch. At the end of the training, attendees will be given an evaluation to complete. After completing the evaluation attendees will receive a certificate of completion for the training.
Arizona Trauma Institute does not issue partial certificates of completion.
NOTE: Credits do not include time for breaks or lunch.
CE Hours Awarded: 12 Platinum & Gold Options only
Presenter- Lindsay Rothschild, LCSW, CCTP, SAP, RYT 200
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, Substance Abuse Professional, Registered Yoga Teacher
Lindsay Rothschild is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with over a decade of experience working in the field of behavioral health. She completed her Master’s Degree in Social work at Arizona State University in 2011 and currently specializes in treating complex trauma and addiction through a Salutogenic lens.
Through her extensive work in acute care settings, Lindsay has come to understand the impact of trauma on the mind, body and soul. Her commitment to the Salutogenic approach led her to deep dive into the exploration of holistic practices that compliment traditional psychotherapy. Lindsay studied Holistic Nutrition at the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts in 2018 and went on to study Trauma Informed Yoga at the Trauma-Conscious Yoga Institute in 2019. Lindsay is certified in the Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method™ and is also a Registered Yoga Teacher through Yoga Alliance. Lindsay most recently completed training in Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy (KAP) through the Psychedelic Coalition for Health and EMDR Therapy training through the Institute for Creative Mindfulness. As a leader in the trauma informed mission and mindset, Lindsay openly shares about her own journey navigating trauma and addiction on the path to rediscovering her authentic self.
Lindsay partners with the Arizona Trauma Institute to facilitate trainings for mental health professionals, healers and educators in the community in an effort to promote awareness around Trauma Informed Care and the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs). Lindsay is the owner of Roots to Rise, PLLC in Tempe, Arizona where she provides somatic psychotherapy, supervision, trauma informed yoga groups, EMDR therapy and substance abuse professional services. She is also the Clinical Director at Seven Arrows Recovery Center in Elfrida, Arizona. Lindsay describes herself as having a wild and free spirit, an open heart and a belief that all humans have the capacity for transformation and growth.
IN-PERSON – PLATINUM OPTION
Arizona Trauma Institute
49 South Sycamore Street, Suite 2
Mesa, Arizona 85202
LIVE WEBINAR – GOLD OPTION
PLEASE NOTE: that you must participate in the Live Webinar on a computer, or laptop, NOT a phone or tablet. The system keeps track of each person attending the Live Webinar and how long they attended. Your attendance cannot be tracked on a phone, so it will appear that you did not attend, thus, you would not be eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion. In addition, you must attend for the duration of the Live Webinar to receive your Certificate of Completion.
By signing up for this course, you are opting in to receive our newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
CCPA and GDPR Disclaimer: all personal information is considered private and confidential and Arizona Trauma Institute never provides the information to a third party or uses the information for anything other than its intended purposes for training registration.