Resources for LGBTQIA+ Communities & Allies
It’s June and that means it’s Pride Month! 🏳️🌈🏳️⚧️
So, Jess Fletcher, one of our teachers here at Arizona Trauma Institute, has compiled many resources to support your growth and understanding of the LGBTQIA+ Community.
NATIONAL & LOCAL
- GLSEN Phoenix: https://www.glsen.org/chapter/phoenix
- Trans Queer Pueblo: https://www.tqpueblo.org/
- Trans Spectrum of Arizona (TSAZ): https://tsaz.org/
- Arizona Transgender Youth & Parent Organization (AZTYPO): http://aztypo.org/
- Onenten: https://onenten.org/
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Gender Support Program: https://www.phoenixchildrens.org/centers-programs/gender-support-program
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Resource Guide: https://www.phoenixchildrens.org/gender-support-program/programs-services/resources
- The Audre Lorde Project: https://alp.org/programs
- The Brown Boi Project: https://www.brownboiproject.org/
- The Brooklyn Boihood: https://www.bklynboihood.com/
- The Center for Black Equality: https://centerforblackequity.org/
- National Black Justice Coalition: https://nbjc.org/
- Black Transman Inc: https://blacktransmen.org/
- The Network/La Red: https://www.tnlr.org/en/
- U of A National QTPOC Resources Page: https://lgbtq.arizona.edu/qtpoc-national-resources
- Center for Excellence for Transgender Health: https://prevention.ucsf.edu/transhealth
- Guidelines for the Primary and Gender-Affirming Care of Transgender and Gender Nonbinary People: https://transcare.ucsf.edu/guidelines
- Fenway Health’s LGBTQIA+ Helpline, Peer Listening Line, & Sexual Wellness Line: Line https://fenwayhealth.org/care/wellness-resources/help-lines/
- The LGBTQ Taskforce: https://www.thetaskforce.org/
- National Center for Transgender Equality: https://transequality.org/
- National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center – Webinars: https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/resources/
- Gender Spectrum: https://genderspectrum.org
- GLESN: https://www.glsen.org/
- WPATH World Professional Association for Transgender Health: https://www.wpath.org/
- LGBTQ+ College Student Guide by Intelligent.com: https://www.intelligent.com/lgbtq-online-college-student-guide/
- The Trevor Project: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
- It Gets Better Project: https://itgetsbetter.org/
- The Family Acceptance Project: http://familyproject.sfsu.edu/
- Gender Diversity: http://genderdiversity.org
- Trans Youth Family Allies: http://www.imatyfa.org/parents.html
Provided by JESSICA “JESS” FLETCHER
JESSICA “JESS” FLETCHER, is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), providing mental health counseling to youth and adults in Arizona. She is a Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist for Individuals (CCTS-I) and practices as an LGBTQIA+, poly, kink affirmative clinician. Jess received her Master of Counseling degree at Arizona State University.
⇨ Join the discussion.
• Discuss trauma genesis and review the impact that the trauma of, microaggressions, discrimination, and systemic heterosexism, and cissexism have on the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of LGBTQIA+ individuals.
• Look at how unintended bias affects the LGBTQIA community as well as examine how medical and mental healthcare have historically been significant sources of trauma.
• Enhance your awareness of privilege and gain tools to monitor heteronormativity and cisnormativity.