Resources for LGBTQIA+ Communities & Allies
It’s June and that means it’s Pride Month!
So, Jess Fletcher, one of our teachers here at Arizona Trauma Institute, has compiled many resources to support your growth and understanding of the LGBTQIA+ Community.
⇨ Join the discussion.
- Discuss trauma genesis and review the impact that the trauma of, microaggressions, discrimination, and systemic heterosexism, and cissexism have on the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of LGBTQIA+ individuals.
- Look at how unintended bias affects the LGBTQIA community as well as examine how medical and mental healthcare have historically been significant sources of trauma.
- Enhance your awareness of privilege and gain tools to monitor heteronormativity and cisnormativity.
NATIONAL & LOCAL RESOURCES
- GLSEN Phoenix: https://www.glsen.org/chapter/phoenix
- Trans Queer Pueblo: https://www.tqpueblo.org/
- Trans Spectrum of Arizona (TSAZ): https://tsaz.org/
- Arizona Transgender Youth & Parent Organization (AZTYPO): http://aztypo.org/
- Onenten: https://onenten.org/
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Gender Support Program: https://www.phoenixchildrens.org/centers-programs/gender-support-program
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital Resource Guide: https://www.phoenixchildrens.org/gender-support-program/programs-services/resources
- The Audre Lorde Project: https://alp.org/programs
- The Brown Boi Project: https://www.brownboiproject.org/
- The Brooklyn Boihood: https://www.bklynboihood.com/
- The Center for Black Equality: https://centerforblackequity.org/
- National Black Justice Coalition: https://nbjc.org/
- Black Transman Inc: https://blacktransmen.org/
- The Network/La Red: https://www.tnlr.org/en/
- U of A National QTPOC Resources Page: https://lgbtq.arizona.edu/qtpoc-national-resources
- Center for Excellence for Transgender Health: https://prevention.ucsf.edu/transhealth
- Guidelines for the Primary and Gender-Affirming Care of Transgender and Gender Nonbinary People: https://transcare.ucsf.edu/guidelines
- Fenway Health’s LGBTQIA+ Helpline, Peer Listening Line, & Sexual Wellness Line: Line https://fenwayhealth.org/care/wellness-resources/help-lines/
- The LGBTQ Taskforce: https://www.thetaskforce.org/
- National Center for Transgender Equality: https://transequality.org/
- National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center – Webinars: https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/resources/
- Gender Spectrum: https://genderspectrum.org
- GLESN: https://www.glsen.org/
- WPATH World Professional Association for Transgender Health: https://www.wpath.org/
- LGBTQ+ College Student Guide by Intelligent.com: https://www.intelligent.com/lgbtq-online-college-student-guide/
- The Trevor Project: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
- It Gets Better Project: https://itgetsbetter.org/
- The Family Acceptance Project: http://familyproject.sfsu.edu/
- Gender Diversity: http://genderdiversity.org
- Trans Youth Family Allies: http://www.imatyfa.org/parents.html
Provided by JESSICA “JESS” FLETCHER
JESSICA “JESS” FLETCHER, is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), providing mental health counseling to youth and adults in Arizona. She is a Certified Clinical Trauma Specialist for Individuals (CCTS-I) and practices as a LGBTQIA+, poly, kink affirmative clinician. Jess received her Master of Counseling degree at Arizona State University.