The Arizona Trauma Institute promotes the Empowerment and Resiliency Treatment Structure. This structure is for the treatment of trauma and accomplishes the following:
- Improves Care
- Improves outcomes
- Improves clinical governance
- Improves clinical competence/supervision
- Reduce variability of services and treatment, and minimizes the impact of having inexperienced staff.
- Inclusive of trauma Informed care and trauma sensitive treatment
- Reduce costs, because treatment is consistent and has a process.
- Builds cohesive work force
- Builds familiar and predictable patterns for staff and clients
- Minimizes the impact of clinical ignorance when dealing with a diverse work force (paraprofessionals to medical staff)
- Improves treatment team communication
- Enhances and supports formal legally recognized assessment tools (CAPS; CANS-T, MMPI; etc)
- Increases client confidence in treatment, builds hope
Empowerment and Resiliency treatment structure is organized into four discrete stages.
- Relationship building for therapeutic alliance
- Psycho education and Self-regulation skills
- Trauma resolution and mourning
- Post-traumatic growth and Resiliency building